“By implementing Empowering Writers’ expository pillar and summarizing framework in our instruction this past year, our students were well prepared for the requirements of the STAAR writing component.”
Coordinator of Language Art Instruction
What is your biggest concern in preparing students for the STAAR writing component?
- Concerned about how your students will handle the 26 line writing restriction?
- Do you feel that your grade 4 students are unprepared for an expository writing prompt?
- Wondering about how you effectively teach the personal narrative?
- Do you ask yourself how you will manage the instruction of both narrative and expository writing?
Empowering Writers has been providing genre based teacher resources, training and coaching services for past 15 years. Our approach to writing instruction will show you “HOW-TO” improve student writing by provide you with strategies, resources and a proven methodology to:
- Successfully teach narrative and expository writing within the same year
- Apply strategies for preparing students for a one page restriction
- Prepare students to effectively read and understand how to address writing prompts
The Comprehensive Narrative Writing Guide and Comprehensive Expository Writing Guide have been proven to work in the real world of the classroom. Based on solid research with proven results these resources are both educator and student friendly.Empowering Writers Comprehensive Guides contain all the content information teachers need, exciting writing lesson plans with clear objectives, and enough student material to cover all the necessary basic assured writing experiences as well as a range of choices for differentiated instruction.
If you want to improve your writing instruction, the Comprehensive Guides are the place to start.
Port Houston ES, HISD
On Port Houston ES scoring 100% passing
Empowering Writers offers gerne-based workshops for grades K-8. You will learn a proven methodology with strategies and lessons that can implemented the next day. For more information on our workshops, click the links below.